Today technology is everywhere, entwined in almost every part of our lives. With
its great and increasing presence it only makes sense to have mobile technology in
classrooms. We at Bombay Cambridge International School also provide technical
support to enhance the teaching learning process.
BCISW takes pride in its comprehensive equipped computer lab with Internet browsing facilities, students are encouraged to learn, create, explore, simulate, investigate and present their views in a virtual world.
Learning by doing is the most effective way of learning. Well equipped laboratories are essential to a school's development. Theoretical knowledge when backed up by practical experiments can help students to understand the basic premises faster and more easily. BCISW boasts of modern labs to ensure that every student strengthens his/her knowledge of theory with ‘hands on’ practical to assimilate the learning.
- Physics Lab
- Chemistry Lab
- Biology Lab
These are well equipped with the required tools, models, projects and charts as stated by the Cambridge International Examinations curriculum / SSC guidelines for science practical. All equipments and materials are calibrated. The laboratory also has a fume board.
Online presentations and explanations can be accessed with the provision of an interactive board in the laboratories.
CARE Centre (Counselling And Remedial Education)
The CARE Centre (Counselling & Remedial Education)
professionals use their expertise to support students to achieve success,
psychological health, and social and emotional wellbeing. These helps students
navigate their school life with ease and manage age related challenges
With a strong in-house training unit, educators undergo regular professional development courses that strengthen their pedagogic foundation, introduce emerging technology tools and new curriculum resources for the classroom.
The school provides a wide range of activities for students. The student time-table
balances the attention given to core subjects with equal focus on subjects such as
music, dance, drama, art, craft, and physical education. There is 100% participation
of students in all the school events and activities. As a result students have made
their mark not only at local level but also internationally.
We shall continue in our endeavor of providing quality education to all our children and live up to our philosophy that every child matters.
Sports and Physical Training
The guidance of trained coaches of National calibre and physical education teachers are provided for students of all age groups to help them to hone their skills, build stamina and enjoy the various sports activities . We train our students to be well prepared and demonstrate the sportsman spirit which sets apart winners from losers. We, want the students to find themselves, and the only way we can let them find themselves is by letting them play and explore their potential to the fullest.
Games and Sports offered by us:-
- Athletics -Track and Field
- Throw ball
- Table Tennis
Adventure and Physical Training :
Self Defence Porgramme
- Nature Walks
- March Past
- Fitness Exercises
Educational researchers have found that there is a strong co-relation between reading and academic success. Children who read are more likely to get better grades, are creative and imaginative, comprehend ideas faster, have better concentration, develop a vast vocabulary, as well as have a richer emotional life. They tend to be sensitive and demonstrate greater sense of social responsibility. Our library has more than 12000 books across Prep to Grade 10, catering to all genres and interests of readers. Covering a wide range of subjects in fact and fiction, we consider it a priority to build in children a love and respect for books that will last them a lifetime.
Our classrooms are spacious, brightly coloured, well-lit ,air conditioned and
Wi-Fi enabled and are equipped with Smart Boards connected to
internet which help the students and teachers to explore beyond the classrooms
and gives an experience of World Class teaching. Latest software is available to
aid learning both for students and teachers.
The classrooms have ample space for the teacher and the students to move around. Soft boards located on either side of the classroom showcase student projects. Every classroom is provided with a Green board for writing purposes.
To give students a Blended Learning platform, the school is enrolled with Google Classroom which provides unmatched synchronous Online collaborative teaching learning programme. It combines online digital media with traditional classroom methods. Teachers’ lectures and application based question are recorded and uploaded on the website and the students can access these modules.
Auditorium : Our two auditoriums are definitely a pride-collosal structures of BCIS. They are the most visited places of the school, for workshops ,Seminars and school programmes and activities.
The school offers vegetarian lunch/snacks to all its students. Utmost care is taken to prepare food in hygienic conditions.The Canteen menu offers a variety of dishes from around the world including Mexican, Italian and Indian cuisine.
Our School believes in providing comprehensive care for the students. The school
operates a medical facility with a well-equipped sick bay, Required first aid
and immediate medical attention is provided by the school during working hours
so that urgent attention to illness or injury is available to students at all
For any emergency, the school has a tie-up with Dr Avinash Rao, an eminent pediatrician. General Medical check-ups of students and staff are regularly carried out in school
Personal Awareness and Career Exploration (PACE) Labarotory
Our Pace Lab accommodates 60 Tablets of latest technological configuration.Students access a web portal on them for Personal Awareness and Career Exploration (PACE) programme where they work online to learn about the skills that best suit their aptitude and interest.
We have outsourced our transportation facilities and we stick to the norms laid down by the Regional Transport Organization of the State. The buses cater to most of the routes within the school purview and every bus has a female conductor and a cleaner. Students' safety is ensured by conducting constant checks on their arrival location and timings. The staff is oriented on how to handle students. There are CCTV cameras and first aid boxes in the buses as well.
Child Protection Policy
The school’s Child Protection Policy guides behavior on campus to ensure students feel safe, respected, and cared for. Senior students and counselors welcome new students and guide them towards rapid adjustment and healthy participation in school. Every staff member is aware and trained to understand and respond to children appropriately, ensuring there is no compromise in safety standards for students. In addition, the school has 24x7 CCTV surveillance and the school transport(contract) service includes lady conductors and first-aid facility.
LIST OF ITEMS BANNED IN SCHOOL
Safety in schools is a matter of great importance and all adults and students in the school need to contribute to keeping safety standards high. For this reason, the following material has been identified as being prohibited from being brought into school premises.
No person may bring into school the following items:
- Matches, lighters or any kind of fuel in any form
- Sharp objects such as pen-knife, knife, blades, razors, or cutters
- Any type of chemical, cleaning fluids, soaps, insecticides, etc.
- Aerosol cans of any nature - deos, air fresheners, pepper sprays etc.
- Laser pens and LED torches (maximum one milliwatt (mW) power output permitted)
- Tobacco, alcohol related substances or drugs
- E-cigarettes, hookah/shisha pens or liquids
- Medicines (except with parent letter)
- Imitation or real weapons or objects that have propulsion power
- Glue sticks and whiteners/correction fluid and permanent markers unless required by teachers
- Fire crackers
- Balloons or water pistols
- Cell-phones, CDs, pen drives, headphones, games or any electronic or digital gadgets (with offensive material)
- Sporting equipment such as cricket bats, hockey sticks etc.
- Darts, catapults/slingshots, knuckle dusters,
- Metal rulers, screw drivers or tools
- Glass bottles
- Expensive jewelry, watches, accessories or make up
- Unnecessary money
Any of the above items, if required by teachers, will be provided in school. The students must be supervised when using these.
Community Service programmes at Bombay Cambridge International School, Andheri West introduce students to their ability to contribute to their environment and develop sensitivity towards the lesser fortunate.100% of the students are involved in atleast one programme in each academic year in a bid to create better citizens of tomorrow. Hence there is a well-developed Community Outreach Programme where all students contribute towards the betterment of the community through various age appropriate projects.
The school has taken up the following community projects.
- Collaboration with NORDIC country, Norway for taking forward the Marine Cleanup as they are the partners for school Programmes with Mr.Afroz Shah.
- Certified course for students – ‘Marine Debris Programme’ to equip students to manage plastic and other waste to protect marine species.
- Waste Bank for school where students gather Non- Biodegradable waste which is collected by agencies for appropriate disposal.
- Fortnightly Beach Cleanups and Awareness Drives to handle plastic and provide alternative solutions.
- Monthly visits by eminent environmentalists associated to educate students about conserving the environment and making it plastic free.
- Sparrow feeders in the school to increase the population of sparrows in the city.
- Marathon- ‘Run for Child Safety’ –A 5 km run organised by the school for children and adults to create awareness about child safety was held on 17th December 2017where more than 2500 people ran for the cause. Pamphlets were distributed giving tips about how to keep children safe.
- Participation of students and staff in the Run for the Ocean Marathon orgnised by Mr.Afroz Shah the environmentalist.
- Road Shows and Street Plays by the teachers and students were held to provide awareness about Child Safety.
- Design for Change-Largest Global Movement driven by children who believe ‘Every Child Can’ to instill the need to contribute towards social issues.
- ‘Nirbhay Naari, Pragatisheel Samaj’ programme for women empowerment through plays and theme driven annual events.
- POCSO Act (Prevention of Children Against Sexual Offense) seminars for all parents and school staff to educate them about the Act and the law related to the act.100% of the school parent body and the staff got educated. An open invitation to adults in the community to attend these sessions was offered as an initiative to educate the community.
- Formulation of Child Protection Policy in school. The school is one of the first in Mumbai to have a formal CPP which got implemented two years back.
- Participation in Joy of Giving Week for the last 5 years to create sensitivity amongst students towards the lesser fortunate in the society.
- Daan Utsav- Dhaaga in association with OYE-Organisation for Youth & Elderly. The programme is initiated by an alumnus of the school Siddhant Mohite
- Sanskruti Art empowering young talent and teaching them the ‘Art of Giving’.
- CPAA- Cancer Aid in India & Cancer Awareness Programme.
- Salaam Bombay- Anti Tobacco Campaign
- Banyan Tree- Save Environment Project
- Save Water Drive
- Substance Abuse Drive
- Cast your Vote Drive
- Cleanliness Drive
- AIDS Awareness Drive
- Save Girl Child Drive and Street Play
- Suru’s Planet- I love Mother Earth! project
- ITC- Recycled books in exchange of Newspapers to create awareness about saving paper as it leads to saving trees.
- Go-Green-The Turning Tide NGO-exchange of newspapers for saplings.
- Young Energy Savers Project by Reliance to create awareness about the need to conserve energy through hands on projects taken up by students.
- Participation in the School Enterprise Challenge which is a global business start-up Awards Programme run by the educational charity Teach A Man To Fish- the school Tuck Shop Trendovative sells goods produced from eco-friendly material.
- Adoption of Andhakshi- Home for destitute by the Student Council. Regular visits to the home to spend quality time with the inmates.
- Celebration of International Days which impact the planet like World Ocean Day, World Environment Day etc.
- Consumer Awareness Workshop followed by a project to spread awareness.
- Mother – Daughter workshop to help them understand changes due to adolescence.
- Father- Son workshop to build communication channels.
- Emotion Management workshop for Parent and child.
- ‘Anubhuti’ seminar for young parents to handle kindergarten students (open to the community).
The school consciously works towards building the quality of empathy in students through first hand interactions and experiences by participation in the community projects as children have to be guided to understand the pressing need to take care of the planet and other human beings. This cannot be taught in the confines of the classrooms hence they move out and learn these important lessons of life through these projects. Our endeavor is to create individuals who will not only be Global citizens but who will also contribute positively towards peaceful co-existence of all human beings with mutual respect and sensitivity towards others.
This is our commitment to our planet and we will take complete responsibility…!!!